Empire Earth Overview:Edit
It is the age in which most buildings, including wonders, become available. It also allows you to recruit heroes and build farms, that will be your main foodgathering method for the rest of the game. Naval units will also develop here, and will last so until atomic ages.
- Citizen The cornerstone of any striving empire, citizens are critical troughout the epochs, building and repairing structures and collecting resources. They are not suited for combat however, and their attack is purely for hunting.
- Canine Scout A basic scout unit, Canine scouts cannot attack (unless given an attack value in the scenario) but they can move through forests and are fast moving.
- Gilgamesh An ancient king of the Sumerian city-state Uruk, Gilgamesh is your first warrior hero.
- Sargon of Akkad Creator of the first empire (Akkadian Empire) in the world, Sargon is your first strategist hero.
- Maceman This unit will replace Clubman, once the upgrade has been made. It is stronger, and can nearly match the spearman, who is the maceman's counter.
- Spearman These units become your mainstay in stone- and copper ages, over the clubman. It's pierce attack is effective against shock units.
- Sampson This unit will be your first siege unit. It can only attack buildings, but it's good unit in it.
- Simple Bowman An upgarde over the slinger, simple bowman is stronger than it's predecessor
- Horseman Your first cavalrry unit. As an shock unit, the horseman excels against arrow units. It moves faster and is tougher than the maceman/shortsword, but takes 2 popcap points, and generally costs twice as much.
- Priest A religious unit that can convert enemy units, and later buildings, to your side. They are especially effective in prehistoric-stone age, with no universities around.
- Prophet A religious unit, that can cast calamities. Prophets can give effective support against most enemy threats, but are hindered by temples.
- Fishing Raft This vessel is not intended for combat, but instead, allows you to gather fish, boosting your food gathering.
- Transport - Copper Unarmed ship, capable of carrying 10 units over water.
- Battleship - Copper Strongest of the 3 ship types, Battleship excels against frigates and land units as well.
- Frigate - Copper Fastest of the 3 ship types, Frigate excels against galleys, galleons and submarines, and can also prove effective in hunting support vessels, like transports.
- Galley - Copper Galleys are meant for one thing; hunting Battleships.
- Settlement A very important part of your empire, settlements work as drop-points for resource carrying citizens. Populating it with 5 citizens turns it into a town center.
- House Unlike in Age of Empires, houses in Empire Earth do not increase your population capacity, but instead, increases the morale bonus, gained by units and towers inside the radius of an town center or capitol.
- Granary This structure allows farms to be constructed adjacent to it, serving as an drop-off point for farming citizens and making farming researches.
- Barracks The most basic unit producing building avaiable, barracks provide you with infantry units troughout the game.
- Archery Range From this structure, you will produce your main ranged units, until Renaissance age.
- Stable This structure allows you to recruit cavalry units.
- Dock This structure will provide you with most naval units, and can also heal friendly naval units, as well as serving as drop-off point for fish rafts.
- Temple This building allows you to recruit priests and prophets, as well as researching and protecting you from calamities.
- Hospital A support structure that can heal nearby units, it also makes researches, that increase its effectiveness, improve citizen stats, and even increases your population capacity.
- University A support structure that protects you from priest convertion, and also makes researches that improve structures.
- Fortress A support structure that can hold 40 units inside. Units inside do not count against your population capacity, but cannot disembark if the pop cap is full.
- Tower Purely defensive structure, tower attacks any enemy unit that comes to its range, including naval units and submarines.
- Wall An effective defensive structure, walls can block entrances for your enemies, but they can be brought down.
- Wonders Large and costy structures, that can give you a wide range of benefits over your opponents. Building them is another one of victory conditions in custom battles.
Empire Earth II Overview:Edit